Coming back from the dinner break, chip leader Jason Somerville began in the cutoff seat at Table 1 in the Gold Section of the Brasilia Room. He started the orbit with roughly 330,000 in chips and here are the hands.
- Hand #1: Action folded to Somerville in the cutoff seat and he raised to 2,000, the minimum allotted raise. Laith Salem called from the big blind and the flop came down . After Salem checked, Somerville fired a continuation bet of 2,400. Salem folded and Somerville started off the orbit with a win.
- Hand #2: Somerville folded from the hijack seat preflop.
- Hand #3: With his table only having seven players at it, Somerville was now under the gun plus one and raised to 2,500. Salem made the call from the button and the two took the flop. Somerville checked and Salem bet 3,500. Somerville called.
The turn was the and put a fourth heart on board. Both players checked. They also both checked the that paired the board on the river. Somerville showed the for two pair, but Salem had the for a flush and won the pot.
- Hand #4: Somerville folded from under the gun.
- Hand #5: The player under the gun raised to 2,500 and Somerville called from the big blind to see the flop. After Somerville checked, his opponent bet 3,100. Somerville check-raised to 10,000 and his opponent.
"Pretty good flop," said Somerville as he turned up the and then raked in the pot.
- Hand #6: Action folded to Somerville in the small blind and he raised to 2,500 to win the pot.
- Hand #7: Play folded to Somerville on the button in the last hand of the orbit and he min-raised to 2,000. The two blinds folded and Somerville won the pot.
That concludes the orbit with Somerville to kick things off after the dinner break. He went from roughly 330,000 to a little over 340,000 for about a 10,000-chip profit.
But don't worry, there's more coming from Somerville in just a moment as he took a fairly decent pot just a few hands later. Stay tuned!